Salon & Spa Business "GetPayroll" Guidebook
Coming soon to Amazon.com!
Exclusive Offer for Salon & Spa Owners. Finally get the information for running your business that no one ever talks about. It's about to get easier!
Over $700 worth of financial and legal advice. Topics include:
- Beating the IRS at its own game. What to do when you get a letter from the IRS.
- Independent contractor or an employee, and how to pay them
- She quit and filed for unemployment. Avoiding unemployment claims.
- Payroll taxes: avoiding pitfalls and mistakes, and staying compliant.
- How to get commissioned staff to do the work you give them.
- Why you need an employee handbook and how to write one.
- And more.
BEATING THE IRS AT ITS OWN GAME. WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET A LETTER FROM THE IRS.
- 3 step process to follow when you receive a letter from the IRS.
- “Did you know” this about the IRS? You’ll be surprised.
- Word templates: 3 letters that say what you need to say with placeholders for your information.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR OR AN EMPLOYEE, AND HOW TO PAY THEM.
- What’s the difference? Independent contractor versus employee, and how to determine which they should be. What are the implications of choosing the wrong category?
- How to set up payroll for each type of employee and commission structure.
- Determining Income and Expense Codes. The most common and what they mean.
- Determining your State Unemployment Rate. Where to go to find out.
- Legal documents: 1099 information, W4 form, I9 form, and more.
SHE QUIT AND FILED FOR UNEMPLOYMENT. AVOIDING UNEMPLOYMENT CLAIMS.
- What you should hold onto in your files if claims come up, and to avoid getting a claim.
- Steps to take with the State to make an unemployment claim go away.
- General tips and tricks when dealing with employees/contractors.
PAYROLL TAXES: AVOIDING PITFALLS AND MISTAKES AND STAYING COMPLIANT.
- 5 steps to take to stay compliant with state and IRS.
- Common errors and ways to avoid them.
HOW TO GET COMMISSIONED STAFF TO DO THE WORK YOU GIVE THEM.
- How the law works for commissioned staff and what you can ask of them.
- How to handle commissioned employees who won’t do the work.
EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK: WHY YOU NEED ONE.
- The necessary components you should include.
- Staff acknowledgment Word document template. Every staff member should sign one!
- Templated Employee Handbook ready to customize and print.
WHAT’S A PEO AND HOW CAN IT AFFECT ME?
At some point, you will be approached to buy into a PEO. Why you don’t want to do it.
Infographic: the disadvantages of a PEO and how it can cost you.
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS YOU CAN AND CANNOT ASK.
More and more you have to be careful the question you ask a potential new hire in an interview. We break them down for you and give you 20 questions that will help you narrow down your search to your new staff member.
MEAN TWEETS: TRUE STORIES FROM SALON & SPA BUSINESS OWNERS
Being a business owner isn't as easy as we all think when we first get started. There are things that happen to business owners that people don't talk about, until now. We've compiled and will share stories in part to let you know that you are not alone. These things happen to everyone, and you will be OK. Enjoy!